Administrator - ROCK Project
I – CONTEXT
CIVIPOL is the technical cooperation operator of the French Ministry of the Interior, in charge of promoting the expertise of the Ministry abroad, in its various lines of business: policing and homeland security, civil defense, Governance inter alia.
The “Regional Operational Centre in Khartoum (ROCK) in support of the Khartoum Process and the AU-Horn of Africa Initiative” is a project funded by the Emergency Trust Fund for Africa of the European Union, and implemented by CIVIPOL, with the French Ministry of Interior, for a consortium of EU Member States.
The objective of the project is to contribute to the fight of law enforcement agencies (LEAs) against criminal networks involved in the smuggling of migrants and related trafficking in human beings, by providing a platform for the exchange of operational information between LEAs of the countries of the Horn of Africa (HoA) region and the EU Member States.
Its main tactic is to share more and faster law enforcement information between partner countries' CIDs that are responsible for combating human trafficking and smuggling.
To this end, the liaison officers (LOs) of each CID in the beneficiary countries are brought together at a single site, the Regional Operational Centre in Khartoum (ROCK).
The project started in December 2017, and is expected to end on 3 March 2022.
II – THE POSITION
The Administrator will work closely with the technical director and the technical advisors and will be supported by an administrative assistant. Under the supervision of the Technical Director :
- He/she will be in charge of part of the logistical, administrative and financial management of the project.
- He/she will manage and coordinate the project activities and ensure that the timetable is respected.
Thus, the Administrator will have to perform the following tasks :
1. Logistical, administrative and financial management of the project
- Supervise/ensure local administrative and financial monitoring (monthly reporting to HQ)
- Follow up expenses and suppliers' invoices; and check the conformity of supporting documents and invoices.
- Ensure the secretariat of the project steering committee;
- Ensure (with the help of the assistant) the organization and logistical follow-up of the implementation of project activities and events (coordination meetings, steering committees etc.);
- Assist the Technical Director whenever necessary, in particular with regard to procurement and legal issues.
- Proofreading/formatting of contractual reports delivered by the Technical Director
- Organize the working hours of the assistant and drivers and supervise their daily work
- In general, to ensure the proper administrative and logistical management of the centre
2. Coordination of activities
- Assist the Technical Director in the day-to-day coordination work with the project partners.
- Facilitate the programming, organization (logistics - hotel reservation, air ticket via HQ etc.) and smooth running of the missions of the experts deployed on the project and of the project activities.
- Ensure the design and regular updating of the planning and implementation dashboards of the project.
- To ensure -under the supervision of the technical director- the communication activities of the project
- Provide technical support to the Technical Director and Technical Advisors according to service requirements
III – PROFILE
Qualifications and professional experience
- Master's degree or equivalent in law, social sciences, public administration, management, security or any other related subject;
- At least 2 year experience in a similar position;
- Experience in the management of technical assistance programs;
- Experience in the implementation of EU-funded projects;
- Experience in institutional relations.
- Expertise in project management;
- Knowledge of contractual procedures applicable to EU external action;
- Fluency in English (written, spoken, read);
- Ability to communicate in French and/or Arabic is an asset.
- Experience in the Horn of Africa is an asset;
- Experience of working in international teams.
- Strong ability to adapt to a challenging environment;
- Sensitivity to cultural differences;
- Good interpersonal skills and pedagogical skills;
- Rigour and organisational skills;
- Sense of adaptation, initiative and autonomy;
- Availability, tenacity and reliability;
- Sustained work capacity;
- Ability to listen and understand a complex political and technical environment.
IV. LOCATION AND DURATION
- Location: The Administrator will be based in Khartoum at the project premises
- Duration of the assignment: Full time from 1 September 2021 to 3 March 2022 (with possible extension).
Please send your application (CV and covering letter) to the project manager, Anne-Sophie Sandor, email@example.com