European Project « Law enforcement in Central Asia – LEICA »
OBJECTIVE, PURPOSE AND EXPECTED RESULTS
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
Global objective of the project:
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows: LEICA is intended to support Central Asia in building national law enforcement capacities that can cooperate regionally in order to effectively counter the threat from terrorism while ensuring compliance with international law, human right and the rule of law.
Specific results to be achieved by the Administrative Assistant: General administrative and logistics support to the Project
The Administrative Assistant will be located in Bishkek starting 1st of October for the period of one year with possibility of renewal.
Duties: The Administrative Assistant reports to the Project Director. S/he will be responsible for:
- To assist the Project Director and deal with all administrative and logistical aspects of the project
- To assist the Project Director and main experts in the organisation of all activities and in the follow-up of the project,
- Prepare and follow-up organization of the mission of Member State experts
- To support the lead experts in liaising with the beneficiary administrations for the planning and implementation of activities
- Accounting/invoicing (conscientiously filling cash registers and banks), handling of calls, scheduling of experts' appointments, handling of official correspondence with the competent authorities
- To assist the lead experts in the translation of reports and prepare other documents that may be required by the donor and Civipol in the monitoring of the project
- Assist the lead experts in the preparation of the technical steering committees and other project coordination meetings.
- Liaison and communication with stakeholders especially on bookings, accommodation
- Managing office files and records;
- Support the Team Leader in his duties and meetings, take minutes of meeting, and more generally ensure all administrative tasks required by the management of the project
- Ensure the follow up of all data for the quality management of the project
- All other administrative and operational duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and skills
- Good knowledge of the country's administrative procedures (visas, registrations, taxes...)
- Excellent in English both spoken and written language;
- Interpretation from Russian to Kyrgyz and vice versa, at meetings and other oral conversations is a plus
General professional experience
- Experience in organising events and venues;
- Experience in accounting and budget management;
- A minimum of two years proven relevant experience.
Specific professional experience
- Proven experience in working with Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge of the administration (Ministry of the Interior a plus)
- Experience in logistics, events and mission organisation;
- Administrative experience in projects funded by international donors
Contact person : Madame Marine Giudicelli : email@example.com - Monsieur Jerome Ribault-Gaillard : firstname.lastname@example.org
Assumption of duties : October 1st