ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCIAL OFFICER - Support to Strengthen the Fight against Migrant Smuggling and Trafficking in Human Beings in the Western Balkans Programme, Sarajevo
The programme « Support to Strengthening the Fight against Migrant Smuggling and Trafficking in Human Beings in the Western Balkans » is funded by the European Union under the IPA III 2023 programme. This regional programme is implemented by a consortium of Member States in the 6 countries of the Western Balkans (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Northern Macedonia, Montenegro and Albania).
The main objective of this project is to improve the conditions for preventing and combating the smuggling of migrants and trafficking in human beings in the Western Balkans.
Four main results are expected:
1/ Enhanced capacity of Western Balkan law enforcement and judicial authorities to combat the smuggling of migrants and trafficking in human beings.
2/ Enhanced capacity of Western Balkan security forces to cooperate with EU and third country law enforcement agencies in activities related to the smuggling of migrants and trafficking in human beings, through their participation in EMPACT.
3/ The capacity of Western Balkan authorities and frontline workers to identify and provide protection to (potential) victims of trafficking in human beings and to refer them to the relevant state and non-state services is enhanced.
4/ The capacity of the Western Balkan border authorities to prevent and combat trafficking in human beings and smuggling of migrants in accordance with EU standards and human rights is enhanced.
CIVIPOL, operator of the French Ministry of Interior, will be in charge, in cooperation with GIZ (German operator), the Italian Ministry of Interior and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the implementation of this programme from 1st June 2023.
 This designation is without prejudice to status positions and is in line with UN Security Council Resolution 1244 (1999) and the opinion of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) on the declaration of independence of Kosovo.
In the framework of this project, CIVIPOL is recruiting an Administrative and Financial Officer. He/she will work closely with the Project Assistant and the Project Manager in the field, the Project Manager at CIVIPOL headquarters in Paris, and will be supported by an administrative and logistics assistant.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager in Sarajevo:
- He/she will be in charge of the administrative and financial management of the project (at local and regional level office).
He/she will be responsible for, among other tasks:
Administrative and financial management of the project
- Supervise and ensure sound local/ regional administrative and financial monitoring. Including monthly accounting management and reporting to HQ: sending accounting documents, expenditure follow-up, cash flow and bank follow-up and managing suppliers’ invoices with the support of the administrative and logistics assistant
- Verification of the conformity of the expenses (legal mentions, VAT exemption, budget code to be indicated on the invoice, address, etc.) in relation to the project budget, the Terms of Reference of the short-term missions and the requirements of the PRAG (EU) before presenting them to the Headquarters for validation
- Supervise the budget allocation of expenses and budget monitoring, according to the budget provided under the supervision of the Project Manager in Sarajevo and the Headquarters
- Collect, check, record and archive supporting documents and invoices related to the implementation of project activities
- Contribute to the preparation of tender documents according to procurement procedures (single tender offers, etc.)
- Ensure communication and coordination between the suppliers, stakeholders and contacts of the programme in the country and the region.
- Ensure the administrative and financial coordinatoion for the members of the team in the other WB countries
- Coordinate the reconciliation of accounts with all suppliers to ensure that the project has paid all its commitments before closing
Specific qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent in in accounting, Business, public administration, management
- Good command of office tools, particularly Word and Excel
- Experience in organising audits and financial reporting would be an advantage
- Be methodical, organised and reactive
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of French is an advantage
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years of relevant and continuous work experience in finance and administrative expertise.
- Experience with institutional donor-funded projects
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and preparation of financial reports and budget analysis.
- Knowledge of the Western Balkans area and/or previous professional experience in the area
- Experience in implementing a multi-partner project
- Good writing and interpersonal skills (numerous internal and external contacts)
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary and multicultural teams (international experts and various local contacts)
- Have a sense of responsibility, know how to manage priorities and be accountable
- Maintain confidentiality of certain data
- Be rigorous and organised
- Be results-oriented and show initiative
Location and duration
Location: based in Sarajevo with possible travel within the 6 Western Balkan countries.
Duration of the assignment (provisional dates): time from July 2023 to May 2027.
Remuneration : contract and remuneration according to the status and experience of the candidate.
Please send your application by e-mail no later than 04/09/2023 with a copy of your diplomas, a letter of motivation and a CV in the EU format to the email addresses below:
Mr Jean-Philippe VERNE : email@example.com
Ms Tatiana MORALES : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the job title in the subject line of your email.