Over the past 30 years, France has made profound changes in its system of territorial administration and taken measures to coordinate government actions more effectively. These include deploying decentralisation reform and upgrading the territorial governance resources and methods used by the State. Thanks to these efforts, France now has a renovated, efficient civil service whose techniques and methodologies can provide a blueprint for foreign governments interested in modernising their practices.
Services offered in this area cover territorial governance and personal status:
- Organisation and de-concentration of government services.
- Decentralisation and development support for local government bodies.
- Census taking and migration.
- Development of civil registration and vital statistics systems and related administrative procedures.
- Organisation of elections.